The Vision

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy. They say he traveled very far, very far, over land and sea. And then one day, he came my way. And this he said to me. "The greatest thing, you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return".

Friday, January 20, 2006

A Conversation with Death



What do you tell Death when he comes knocking?
Do you say,"Get out! You crusty old fart, I am not ready yet!"
Or do you accept your game is over and glide into a slow somber sleep.

What do you say when death comes knocking on your door?
Do you cry and scream? Not me! Not me!
Do you ask Death to take someone else instead.
What do you say?

When your number is up and the time is ripe,
if he interrupts your fine supper,
you'd have every reason to gripe.

You are lucky if you see Death coming,
and are not be taken by surprise.
But what do you say to Death,
when he looks into your eyes?

How bony you are sir!
How cold is your touch!
You carry a sickle,
but nothing for lunch.

Why should I go with you?
Where may you take me?
Open up the pearly gates,
God, please do not forsake me!

Well, Death is really quite a rude bastard.
He has nothing at all to say.
Once he comes for you in silence,
he never goes away.

So when Death comes knocking on your door.
Say nothing,
go in peace,
to the land of Nevermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home