The Vision

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy. They say he traveled very far, very far, over land and sea. And then one day, he came my way. And this he said to me. "The greatest thing, you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return".

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Dear Mr. President - How do I hate thee?

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.



I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach when feeling out of sight.
For the ends of your being and when you eventually go to hell.
I hate you to the level of every day's
Most desperate need, for food and water by sun and candle-light (because Puerto Rico has no electricity).
I hate thee freely, as men strive for right, by standing or kneeling on one knee.
I hate thee purely, as we abhor your constant lies.
I hate thee with the passion of transgender soldiers who are ready to kick your ass for not serving in the military because of your "bone spurs."
In my old griefs and with my childhood's faith, I hate what you have done to America.
I hate thee with a vengeance for all of those that lose their lives from lack of health care because of you.
With all the lost saints, I hate thee with the breath
Crying, tears, of all my life and if God choose,
I shall hate thee less after you are gone.

My apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home