The Vision

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy. They say he traveled very far, very far, over land and sea. And then one day, he came my way. And this he said to me. "The greatest thing, you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return".

Monday, January 21, 2008

Definition of Love


If you love someone with all your heart,
of course you would do anything you can to help them,
and of course you want to give them all the things that make them happy.

But if you truly love someone in the deepest and most sincere way, you want to help them be stronger- to succeed and to be able to live upon their own strengths - with or without you.

This is a very difficult balance to achieve, to love a person so deeply without reservation and with full commitment and to not weaken the other person at the same time.

If you understand how great love of this kind is, you recognize this very delicate balance.
Then you begin to learn what I am talking about.

I will never abandon you.

I will always try to help you.

But I also know the best help that I can give to you
is to help you become so strong that you don't need me at all.

You may not understand at all what I am saying now,
but it will become truth to you as you begin to experience this, that I speak about.

And if you love me in that moment, when you don't need me anymore,
that is when I will know that I have succeeded in loving you in the greatest way possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home