The Vision

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy. They say he traveled very far, very far, over land and sea. And then one day, he came my way. And this he said to me. "The greatest thing, you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return".

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Senior Reflections


Originals and curated by Williman

  • I woke up this morning very early, not because I was enthusiastic to start the day because I needed to pee.
  • As I get older, it is easier to love everyone, because I cannot remember what they did.

  • I am always concerned about the “hereafter.” I get up, walk into another room, and then I think, “What I am here after?”

  • When I was young, my philosophy was to live fast and die young. Now that I am older, I am no longer a philosophist.

  • When I get in bed with my wife, she looks more and more beautiful as time goes on. Of course, I can hardly see anything without my glasses.

  • If I make it to my 100th birthday party, I will want as a gift to make it to my 101st.

  • When I suddenly stopped on the side of the road, a young man walked up to me and asked me, “Spare change?” I replied, “Yes, actually, I have a flat and I will give you $5 to change the tire.”

  • There are three things in life that are the most important. If I remember any of them, I will let you know.

  • The best thing about getting older is that is getting harder and harder to remember why you do the same stupid thing.

  • I reserve the right to have an argument with my GPS guidance system in my car about the best way to go somewhere.

  • My wife stopped talking to me years ago. What a blessing!

  • The proper response to anything your wife says is, “Yes, dear.”

  • Last year at Thanksgiving, I had a Tofurky, which is a fake turkey made from soybean tofu. Outside my house were real turkeys carrying protest signs that said, “Bring Back Our Jobs!”

  • Four elderly men were playing strip poker together. No one wanted to win.

  • I used to love my wife’s breasts until I had to look down to see them because then I realized I could not see my penis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home